Sunday, December 24, 2017

In the (St.) Nick of Time

I started making a Christmas present less than 24 hours before it was to be gifted.  And I finished it!


Isn't Heidi Boyd's Forest Frolic fabric just adorable?  It matches the baby's quilt and will make the parents very happy.  Momma is partial to bunnies and Poppa is partial to birds.  This line has both which is why the parents requested it for their wee one's quilt!

The pattern is Bopple Ball and it was a well-designed pattern.  They thought of everything to make it as easy as possible.  Notice I said "as possible" and not simply "easy."

The problem for me was stuffing those little grabby-thingies.  My hands don't work for normal tasks, and this wasn't a normal task.


Shoving the stuffing inside of those tiny tubes made my hands go numb.  That Purple Thang saved my life!  Even so, I could only stuff one or two at a time and had to resort to sessions baby-proofing my house as recovery time!

If the amount of fun the adults had playing with this ball last night is any indication of how much the baby will love playing with it tonight, this Grandma done good!

No comments: