Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wild for the Walking Foot

When I taught at Sanford Sewing Center, I found a deliciously twisted black and white check fabric.  It needed to border this Share and Share Alike Cutie Quilt that I pieced on Errol, my HQ Stitch 510 workhorse of a machine:


I grabbed my FabuLux Neon Blueberry thread and sat down at Hedwig, my HQ Stitch 710, and made some walking foot magic:


I tried to mimic the twisting check with the quilting pattern and I'm so excited about how it turned out!

This quilt is bound and ready to be loved:


I'm having so much fun making these Share and Share Alike Cutie Quilts.  They are quick to make, fun to quilt, and a great size for babies.  Since I'm surrounded by babies and expecting many more, you'll have try to not be bored with all of the photos of this quilt in all different fabrics!

No comments: