Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thread: My Secret Weapon

When I designed the FabuLux line of thread for WonderFil, I included a collection of pastel variegated threads.  I planned to use these for baby quilts, but I use them as neutral threads on many different types of quilts.  Is it wrong for the designer to admit that she was surprised (pleasantly) by the outcome?

Yesterday I showed a quilt using one of my secret weapons -- Rocking Horse:

See how well it blends with Heidi Boyd's Country Days fabrics:


Isn't that pretty?  I've used this on modern quilts, southwestern quilts, baby quilts, and more.  

I don't use this thread in the bobbin.  I prefer to use DecoBob in the bobbin for nearly all of my sewing/quilting projects.  It's thin, the bobbin lasts a loooong time, it blends beautifully with the backing, and it makes tension a dream.

Rocking Horse is sold on 3000 yard cones as well as 700m spools so you'll have the right amount for any project (or projects!).



Do you have a surprising secret weapon thread color?  I have a few and can't wait to share more with you.


No comments: