Thursday, June 01, 2017

New Cutie Pattern -- Field of Flowers

I'm ridiculously excited to share with you my new Cutie Pattern that was shown at Quilt Market.

At long last, Field of Flowers:


I designed this quilt to use Sandra Clemons' new fabric line -- In Bloom for Michael Miller.

She's fabulously talented and you should all buy her fabric.  Especially the butterflies.


Every time I photograph this quilt, it looks like a small quilt:


But it is 64"x80."  Weird, right?  This will be the perfect bed quilt for my non-existent granddaughter Molly.  Maybe someday.  Sigh.

As usual, I had fun with the quilting on this quilt:


Can you believe I only used white thread?

The back proves it:


This is all DecoBob white thread.  Swoon!  Is it wrong to have a crush on the back of my quilt?


It took me a lot of years to be brave enough to use a contrasting thread on a solid backing, but every time I do I nearly cry with happiness.

I was looking forward to having this quilt back home with me, but alas it has to go to Belgium to be displayed at a quilt show.  I think I might need to go and visit it.  Who wants to come with me?

5 comments:

Vireya said...

Beautiful quilt, beautiful quilting!

Crystal_235 said...

Love the quilt and the quilting!

HilaryR said...

It's beautiful...and Belgium sounds great too!

Unknown said...

Would love to go! My family lives next door in France. Do you need an interpreter??? Beautiful quilting as usual. Annick H.

Pamela Arbour said...

Nice quilt and lovely quilting. I often prefer the backs of my quilts over the front. It's always a surprise when I turn it over.