Sunday, February 05, 2017

Mischief Managed

I solemnly swear I was up to no good last week.  My husband and I took a quick trip to Universal Studios in Florida for the Celebration of Harry Potter.  I decided to go on this trip when Alan Rickman died last year, and spent a whole year looking forward to drinking butter beer in Hogsmeade.  

We located Platform 9 3/4:
 
and took the train to Hogsmeade:


Does it look a wee bit crowded?  Because it was.  Crowded.  Witches and Wizards and Muggles EVERYWHERE!

I toured Diagon Alley, took a wrong turn, and ended up in:

I saw very frightening things there, but the most frightening thing I saw during my my entire trip  was in my hotel room:


I have argued "over" versus "under" for nearly 50 years, but this???  I don't know how to handle this!!!

I shouldn't have left the safety of the magical world because as soon as I did, I was attacked by a raptor:

Yeah.  He moved and tried to bite my head.  I'll never have hiccups again!

So my vacation was cold and rainy and I caught a cold on the airplane ride, but we had so much fun!

I'm back to the magical world of my quilting studio.  There's no butter beer here, but there are also no dinosaurs so it kind of evens out.

2 comments:

Janet Myers said...

Oh, I want to go sometime. Looks like you had a great time.

Kerry said...

My daughter went last year - thoroughly enjoyed herself (apart from the tropical storm) and we enjoyed seeing all the photos - I like seeing everybody's photos because I can see what I'm missing. But the best thing was the toilet roll - I did guffaw at that!
Thank you for sharing.