Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Cutie Quilt: Vintage

Have you ever had fabric so pretty that you couldn't cut into it?  And then it sat on your shelf for years until you found the perfect quilt for it?

I bought a fat quarter pack of Ella Blue's Terra Australis 2 fabric the last time I was in Australia and petted it for a few years before I decided to make this 90"x90" quilt:


The pattern is Vintage, one of my Cutie Patterns.

I quilted the entire quilt using my In The Pinks FabuLux thread:


(My winter photography has improved, but is still not great).

Since I only had a fat quarter pack, I had to piece the border and binding:


I just need to make some pillowcases and then this pretty quilt will spend a month or so on my bed!

I have at least 16 fat eighths left over in this fabric line.  Which Cutie Quilt should I make from the oh-so-pretty leftovers?

No comments: