Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Cutie Quilt: Irresistible

I am tickled to announce a new Cutie Pattern -- Irresistible!


This quilt was inspired by a spool of thread.  This spool of thread:


It is a simple four-patch quilt that can be made with a Cutie Pack (16 fat 1/8th cuts of fabric).  The pattern includes four sizes and I made the queen sized one.

The quilting on this four-patch quilt really changes the look of the quilt:

Close-up:


Even closer:


Since folks are going to ask, I kept track of how much thread it took to quilt this queen-sized quilt.  Here's the result:


I used about 1 2/3 spools (700m) of FabuLux and 7 DecoBob bobbins.  So now we know!

So many people chimed in with a "This quilt is MINE!" when I was making the sample.  My daughter saw this quilt on my binding chair while she was cat-sitting during my Harry Potter trip.  She sent me a trip that said "For future reference, this quilt is mine."  I had to send her a "Too late!" answer because the quilt already has an owner waiting for it when it finishes its time traveling as a sample.  I will make my daughter a copy of this quilt and she'll get it even sooner!

I can't wait to make this quilt in other fabrics and sizes.  It is so fun to machine quilt and watch the quilt transform from "meh" to "WOW!" before my eyes!

1 comment:

Irish8Mom said...

Hi Debbie, Love this quilt design, so did my Granddaughter....I'm making it right now, about to put the borders on. Then I'll find someone who can quilt it for me.