Friday, December 02, 2016

Testing, Testing ... 1, 2, 3

As a pattern designer, I test everything.  I design on paper, then in EQ7, then I make the quilt, then I write the directions, then I make the quilt again.  If everything goes well, the pattern will then be published.  Sometimes, patterns take a bit longer because the first (or second, or third!) version of a quilt didn't come out quite right.

Arbor is one of my newest patterns and it took three tries before it got to print.  This quilt was pattern test #2:


Is that red binding just perfect?  Or is it just me?

The quilt is fine, but the pattern wasn't quite ready for publication.  It will, however, be just perfect for a baby gift.  I am currently expecting double-digit babies in the first quarter of 2017, so I know this quilt will be given away soon!

I had fun quilting this quilt:


Ribbon candy and continuous curve are two of my "go-to" machine quilting patterns.  They look great together here.


I used one thread color throughout -- FabuLux Lullaby.  The thread is pink, blue, and lavender so it was no surprise that it looked great on the pink and blue, but it also worked well on the green!  I love watching colors play well together!

Arbor has been re-worked to use fabric more efficiently.  The finished pattern is available HERE.

This blog post is part of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge from Muppin.com.


Check out the other bloggers who have committed to chat with you every day in December HERE.

2 comments:

Tish Stemple said...

You will always be the Queen Mother of the Ribbon Candy :) And did I read that correctly...double digit babies due in the first quarter??

Cheryl said...

Thanks for being part of the challenge!! Love you!!