Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sewing Room Confidential

I have a large sewing room, but it isn't working for me.  I have too much stuff, too little storage, and I have a bit of a scrap problem.

I save scrap fabrics for dog beds.  I make a small pillow stuffed tight with these scraps and then surround that pillow with batting inside of a larger pillow.  This makes a soft yet stable cushion for the shelter animals.

The piles of scraps are overwhelming:



I have had enough.

Long-term goal:  Make my sewing room into a workable space that I love.

Short-term goal:  Find the foot pedal for my sewing machine.  Yeah, that totally happened.

This blog post is part of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge from Muppin.com.


Check out the other bloggers who have committed to chat with you every day in December HERE.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I too have a large studio and that is my goal today...clean it up...There comes a time when I just can't work with the mess. Time to fold and put away all I have just washed and clean up the cutting table so I can see the ENTIRE mat...lol
But at least I know where my foot pedal is. Kathy V

Doreen said...

Still laughing about you two and your pedals!!!!!! Haven't gotten that way (yet) in my little "nest" but it IS threatening!!!!! Leaving for warmer climes in a couple of weeks and a client quilt to finish yet. Will have to face a cleaning in May when we return!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

That could be my room too...too much stuff! But. I have not YET lost my foot pedal. Scissors, yes. Rotary cutter, yes. Seam ripper, yes. Fabric, definitely. But not the foot pedal. Yet.

Anna said...

Hi, Debby: Do you have detailed instructions for the pet beds? I have a lot of scraps too, both fabric and batting, and would like to find a use for them. Pet beds for the local shelter sounds like a good idea too. Thanks so much. --Annabelle, ahammerquilts@gmail.com.

Shelley said...

Honey, that isn't a basket of scraps....that's garbage...and..deep breath...it's OKAY to let it go :)