Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Oh, Canada!

I had a WonderFil time last week at the WonderFil Threaducation Center in Calgary, AB, Canada.  I flew in a day early because I have the worst luck with flights and wanted to be sure to arrive in time!

Since I arrived only 12 hours late (nearly a success!), Allison was a gracious hostess and drove me to Banff on my extra day in Canada!


Sigh.



 I walked on water:


And I didn't fall through the ice.  I may have slipped and slid, but I never fully fell down!

I learned how animals cross the roads:


An overpass for wildlife!

I learned a few things about Canadian food, too:


These eggs are "basted."  Kind of a cross between sunny side up and poached.  Never have I ever heard of this!

Cheetos in Canada aren't hard and crispy, they are puffy.  I learned that!  But I taught my Canadian students more than quilting when I showed them the proper way to eat orange-covered snacks without transferring the orange to the quilt:


I use a fork!  Yes, I'm a class act.

I was privileged to meet a quilt hero of mine, Aie Rossman:


Someday, Aie, I will finish my Waterlilies quilt.  No, really, I mean it!

While the winds were blowing trees down at my house, it was beautiful every day in Calgary.  I was even blessed with a rainbow through a cloud on my way to work one morning:


How cool!

If you want to read more about my classes at the WonderFil Threaducation Center, check out Allison Spence's blog post.  She is a fabulous quilter, hostess, and teacher.  If you are near Calgary, try to stop in and take a class from her!  Those further away should read about her quilting adventures on her blog and then plan a trip to Calgary!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Debby, Thanks. I sound so wonderful!

Lisa said...

I live in Southern Alberta. Part of my view on clear days are those mountains. I can't be sure, but it looks like your rainbow might be a sun dog. Was there a similar rainbow on the other side of the sun?