Monday, February 08, 2016

The Splendid Sampler -- Choosing Fabric

I am so excited to be a part of The Splendid Sampler where Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson have gathered 82 designers together to share 100 blocks over the next 12 months.  I am beyond thrilled to be providing machine quilting tutorials throughout the project.  Before I can start quilting, though, I have to pick fabric for the quilt!

I tore my entire studio apart selected fabric from my stash and decided to use Meadowbloom by April Rosenthal:


This fabric makes me absolutely giddy!  To make it even more perfect, though, April is one of the designers for The Splended Sampler.  This was truly meant to be!

Are you planning to play along with The Splendid Sampler?  What fabrics did you choose?  

4 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Debby! So glad you're sharing your specialty with all of us.
I really love your fabric choice, so bright and cheerful. I've chosen Moda's Roses and Chocolates line from Sentimental Studios along with several extras mixed in to stretch out my layer cake.
It will be exciting to see the block show and tell from around the world.

BengalPup said...

I love your beautiful and bright fabric choice. I'm not doing a single line, but I am doing a single artist. I am using all Marcia Derse fabrics. Some are from her first line all the way through to her newest line.

Kim said...

Yes this fabric is great, I just made a mini quilt out of the 5 inch squares.
Happy Sewing, sounds like a great group project.

PatSloan said...

I cant' WAIT to see your blocks!