Tuesday, November 03, 2015

So long, October!

In the quilt world, October is a strange month.  It is a busy! exciting! month where everything happens.  It is also a busy month where industry professionals survive on too little sleep and too much caffeine and keep saying "I'll sleep in November."

My October started with a teaching trip to Spring Water Designs in Columbia, MD.


The weather was bad, the Ravens beat the Steelers (boo!), but the students were fantastic!

I spent a few days at home preparing for a top-secret trip that I can't wait to tell you about:


I got the Star-treatment while I was there!

I taught a machine quilting retreat at the Quilt Basket in NY.  Read all about it here.

I worked at home for a few more days getting ready for Quilt Market where I was so excited to be involved with some new products.  





Give me a few days to get my online store up and running with these items, ok?

I taught 24 hours of full classes at International Quilt Festival to the most amazing and dedicated quilters:


I was sad to see the month end and the skies above Houston wept for me, dumping 5 inches of rain in a matter of minutes/hours causing flash flooding that I got to see up close and personal.  Way too up close and personal.  The road at my hotel was flooded.  This was a blessing because I wasn't in my car on the road when the waters started to rise. Two souls were lost in the flooding on Saturday morning while I was safely trapped in my hotel.  I cancelled my first flight and started a long day of cancellation, delay, rebooking, repeat but finally made it home.

Dear November, you have a lot to live up to!

No comments: