Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Jinny Beyer's Dahlia block

I recently finished my first paper-pieced block from Jinny Beyer's Block of the Month quilt.  I have a lot to say, but I can sum it up with "I learned a lot!"

Dahlia:


I learned that it's important to use ALL of the pieces of fabric (yes, little purple petal, I'm talking to you!).  I learned that it's not a great idea to "just move this piece over a little bit to fix that last piece."  I learned how many times one can take out stitching before a foundation falls to pieces. I learned that persistence pays off!

I'm pleased with my block and not so frightened of the next one!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Is that black eyelash material still sold out there?
I have had some of that in my stash for a very long time.
In all colors too.

Happy Sewing