Sunday, March 22, 2015

National Quilting Day -- What Did You Do?

Yesterday was National Quilting Day.   I usually teach on National Quilting Day, but this year I was at home.  I was able to spend all day in my sewing room putting thread to fabric.  It was Wonderful!

I continued my Harry Potter movie marathon and quilted through:

  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
While He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was regaining his power, I grabbed the leftovers from this quilt.  I simply adore Joanna Figueroa's Day in the Country Line, and all her other fabric lines, too!  I measured carefully and determined that I had just enough fabric left to make another Squared Away quilt.

Six movies later:


Is it wrong to say that I love this pattern?  I've designed many quilts (and I love them all equally!) but this one is really one of my favorites.


I have 30 blocks and hope to join them all together while Harry Potter defeats Lord Voldemort.  Oops!  I hope I didn't spoil the ending for anyone!

How did you spend National Quilting Day?

1 comment:

Barb's Blurbs said...

Wanted to quilt but DH asked that I FINALLY make the shop apron that I had been promising him for a LONG time! Hopefully today I can do some quilting! Love that pattern and have just the fabric to do it with...