Saturday, March 21, 2015

I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good

I am working at home this week.  Some folks think that means I have a week off but that is the furthest thing from the truth.

I am finishing up some pattern tests, making a few pattern samples, working on new pattern designs, and doing a lot of paperwork for past and future travel.  I have a fire going in the fireplace and I love these cozy days in my sewing room.

To accompany all of the work, Spring threw us a late snowstorm.  I hate snow.  I really, really do.  To help me enjoy the work while ignoring the snow, I drafted my dear friend Harry Potter for help.  I've read all of the books (more than once) and this week I'm hosting a sewing room Harry Potter movie marathon.  A friend joined me yesterday, but today I am once again on my own.

Have you read the Harry Potter books?

Have you seen the Harry Potter movies?

Does this quilt block look like Gryffindor?


This block will make its debut in a future Cutie quilt, tentatively named "Vintage."

Next up:


2 comments:

Marleigh said...

Love Harry Potter what a good theme and how nice to be sewing by the fire, like the blocks.
While you are looking to warmer weather, here in Oz I can't wait for winter to start not being a summer person I am really over all the heat. Getting closer to Melbourne, getting excited. Happy sewing

Angie in SoCal said...

Haven't gotten into Harry yet, but someday! I, too, hate snow. That's why I live on the West. Come on over to WIPs Be Gone, Debbie and get others wondering what Vintage is going to be all about. I know I'm wondering.