Saturday, January 17, 2015

Forever Young

I have a confession to make:  I read Young Adult literature.  Some may feel that "literature" is too strong a word, but I'll leave debate to others.

I read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.  Actually, I listened to them while driving and quilting.  They were easy to follow and entertained me while I did other things.  If you really need to know, I was on "Team Edward."  In my mind, though, Edward looked like Adam Lambert so the choice to cast Robert Pattinson in the movies was a shock.  I refuse to discuss my opinion of Kristen Stewart; you can't make me.

I read a lot.  A Lot.  I'm rarely surprised by a major plot point.  This series, however, shocked my socks off.  If you don't know the general story of the series by now, look away.  A spoiler is coming.

Look.


Away.


Now.


SHE GOT PREGNANT???  WHAT???  Never did I ever see that one coming.

If you don't think less of me for reading this series, thank you.  If I admit that I've read the series three times, that wouldn't change your mind, would it?


4 comments:

Sharon said...

Couldn't think less of you! Have you read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. Yes, it's young adult literature. I've read most of this series. Enjoyable, with enough suspense to capature your attention. I don't 'read' books, i.e. audio books,only because I'm a visual person and need to see what I'm reading. Also,if I were quiliting, I'd probably be making more mistakes than usual and end up doing the frog stitch a lot! And I won't even try to imagine what would happen if I had a quilt on my HQ16. So enjoy those YA books and don't worry about what other people think, 'cause we love you.

Janet said...

I can make the same confession. Have you read the Divergent Series? They already have one movie out with the 2nd soon to be released. I have to read the books first though. Then I can watch the movie. You must have read the the Hunger Games books. My son lets me know what is current in YA.

Angie in SoCal said...

Reading is reading - we almost always learn something from our reading - even young adult fiction. I will admit that after years of reading textbooks and professional articles, I opted to read romantic fiction just for a change of pace. They are short and sweet and then I can get back to my work. Now I find myself reading quilt books and so it goes.

lmno said...

Young adult fiction is a wonderful way to spend some time. Recently started His Majesty's Dragon (cannot wait to go on with the series). I have read all of Rick Riordan. And found B. Sanderson's The Way of Kings (2010) very good. Looking forward to Words of Radiance (2014) next. (Stones Unhallowed, working title, is forthcoming, 2016). I hope you get a chance to take a look at one of these.