Friday, June 06, 2014

Piles o' Paperwork -- TA DA!

I have spent a great deal of time over the last several weeks working on the required paperwork for international travel, and I have the papercuts to prove it.

I had to go to New York City to meet with the friendly folks at the State Department.


(Not the State Department.  Taking photos of government buildings can make me more popular than I care to be.)

I wasn't kidding about the friendly folks at the State Department -- they were wonderfully helpful and kind.

I enjoy the sights and sounds of New York.


And the pizza is the best in the world!


The next day, I drove to Connecticut to visit the friendly folks who work with Homeland Security.  They weren't as friendly, but they were efficient and not mean so I left very satisfied.  I had baby wipes in my car to wash the ink from my fingers, but they didn't use any ink.  I'm now in the know about fingerprinting technology in 2014.

Today is a big day in this story -- I just went to Fedex and sent my life away!  For the first time in weeks, I have no more papers to gather, copy, and collate.  I have no more appointments in faraway places where cell phone use is prohibited and armed guards patrol the hallways.  I have no more urgent overseas phone calls and emails when I should be sleeping.  What shall I do with myself tonight?   Might I actually quilt?

Hopefully everything is right, approved, and back to me in time for my trip.

This has taken an amazing amount of time, but I know once I meet with the quilters it will all be worth it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy Moly ! Where are you traveling to need homeland security to fingerprint you !