Monday, March 24, 2014

It's About Time:

I have a lot of ideas on time management and how to get more done in a day, but today's post about time is different.

Not all time has to be productive.  This might be news to tightly-wound folks like me.  But sometimes, after planning and scheduling and doing the best you can, you just have to let go and see what happens.



Sunday, I had an afternoon flight from Newark to Atlanta, then a three hour layover before my 14 hour flight to Dubai.  That was the plan.  The plan turned a little bit sideways.  Not a lot, but just enough to bother a schedule-oriented person like me.

There was a traffic jam on the way to the airport.  My first flight had a mechanical delay.  Then it had a second mechanical delay.  There was a mix-up with my transportation from the aiport to the hotel.

To sum up:  my travel time was 100% effective because I landed where I was supposed to land at nearly the right time.

Days like this teach me to:

  • make a good plan
  • build in a time buffer
  • build in even more of a time buffer
  • sleep when you can
  • eat when you can
  • carry the travel folder for quick access to necessary travel details
  • enjoy the adventure!

1 comment:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Bravo! You are indeed a very good traveler! I used to tell my kids that plan on something going awry when we travel. We don't know what it will be, but don't be surprised if something does. An uneventful trip is a major bonus! And I am a big fan of the travel folder, even in these days of smart phones, iPads etc.! Looking forward to hearing about Dubai!