Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Currently

I saw this list on Pat Sloan's blog and thought I'd post my own answers:

I am currently:

  • Watching:  Nothing.  Where I live, there is no through-the-air television reception and we do not pay for cable.  
  • Reading:  Tonight I am reading Immanuel Kant.  I am taking a course on Modernism through Coursera.com.  I have already finished a writing course and an art course and have signed up for many more.
  • Listening:  The Power of Habit by Charles Duhugg.  I listen to audiobooks while I quilt. 
  • Making:  A very special quilt that is near and dear to me.  It  has been in my head for years, on paper for about 18 months and finally is coming together in fabric.  Stay tuned!
  • Feeling:  Excellent and grateful for it.  Last winter was a tough one for me but now my future is so bright, I've got to wear shades!
  • Planning:  I am doing some quilt-related filming at the end of the summer and diligently making plans for that.  More on this later.
  • Loving:  Dresses!  Since I am filming, I had to go clothes shopping.  I bought dresses -- a bunch of them -- from eShakti.com.  Why did I not know about this site earlier?  I am now channeling my inner 50s hausfrau.  I may break out my pearls and wear them when I vacuum.  Hmmm... do I even own a vacuum?   All of my floors are tile or hardwood and are cleaned regularly, but they are never vacuumed.
Care to play along?  Comment with your own list of what you are "currently" doing.

4 comments:

PatSloan said...

EXCELLENT!! Isn't it fun to do these lists!

grendelskin said...

Nice post! I just did a book discussion on the Duhigg with a bunch of junior high kids; it was neat to see how they extrapolated the lessons to their own lives. Thought I'd have a struggle pulling them into conversation about it but they totally took the lead, it was great! (And cheerier than Kant by far!)

grendelskin said...

Follow direction much?
I am currently
• Watching: Movies. We don’t pay for cable either so we watch via subscription movie service.
• Reading: “The Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson. Murder and mayhem at the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, whee!
• Listening: just music at the moment
• Making: A “Shakespeare in the Park” quilt in turquoise and brown with white and yellow to pep it up.
• Feeling: A little pressed for time but cheerful; there’s little time for moping and that’s good!
• Planning: On the town and regional level I belong to planning and zoning boards so lots of that! Also, the 3 … no, 4 … no, 5 … next quilts!
• Loving: Dresses and skirts, like you! I rarely wear trousers in the summer – yuck, too hot. I need to start making them though, they’re easy from a sewing perspective and I never approve of what I see in the stores. Would rather use my own pretty cottons to make them!

Anonymous said...

What I am currently doing is looking up your "course site" and the dress site!!! Fun to find new things.