Friday, January 04, 2013

Gifts! Toaster Cover

My mother-in-law wanted a new toaster cover for Christmas.  Her toaster is from 1966, and her toaster cover is of the same approximate vintage.  My husband looked online and was not encouraged by the toaster covers he found there.  "You could probably make one," he challenged.

Never one to back down from a challenge, I took the dimensions of the toaster (stealthily supplied by my father-in-law) and started piecing a toaster cover in the recommended color of "yellow."

The results:


I promise that it looks much better in person.

My husband's comment, "It looks like it could be nicer that what I found online," nearly landed him in some hot water, but I kept telling myself that he meant it as a compliment.

My mother-in-law loved her toaster cover.  And my husband is still alive.

No comments: