Friday, April 06, 2012

Mike, the sequel

Did any of you know that I am married to a rock star? My husband plays drum in a rock band and he's the cutest drummer that I know!

The band members pop in and out as life happens to them (job changes, back to school, new babies, coaching soccer, etc.)

The band always practices at my house and I love it! I even love it when the noise from the basement makes the glassware in the dining room rattle.

The original singer in the band, Mike, has had many life changes in the last few years and is not with the band any more. He has, however, changed the way I hear many songs. When I hear a song from an original artist and I am used to the way Mike sings it, it just sounds wrong on the radio somehow.

Not so many years ago, Mike got married. Then he had a little baby boy who received a little blue quilt. He recently had another little baby boy and that little boy will received this little green quilt:



With a scrappy green back:



I resumed work on this quilt last fall while living in a hotel room for a week and recently quilted and bound it.

Check out Crazy Mom to see what other people have finished!



2 comments:

Pieces of Cotton said...

I love the subdued color palate.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Married to a rock star? How cool is that! My husband only thinks he's a rock star.
That's a lovely little quilt for a baby boy. The back is just icing. Thanks for sharing it.