Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Lucky Charms Quilting -- part 7

Week seven of the Lucky Charms quilting videos features the black triangles.

I pulled out my roll of Quilter's Preview Paper and drew some chevrons in the gray triangles and feathers in the black triangles.



It is easier to see the designs when the Quilter's Preview Paper is removed from the quilt top:



I like both designs, but this week I am only going to stitch the feathers.

The quilting:

The thread: Hologram from WonderFil, Navy 8158. This thread is actually a flat ribbon and it reflects the light beautifully!
InvisiFil from WonderFil in the bobbin

The needle: number 16

The tool: HandiQuilter Circle Template, four-inch circle




The shiny thread looks great on the black fabric:


Only three weeks to go! Next week, I will show how I quilted the chevrons in the gray triangles.


If you have not seen the earlier videos, find them here:

Lucky Charms part 1

Lucky Charms part 2

Lucky Charms part 3

Lucky Charms part 4

Lucky Charms part 5

Lucky Charms part 6

2 comments:

HelenMarie said...

This is wonderful! I have mine sitting on the shelf downstairs waiting for me to decide what to do with it! You make it look so easy! I hope mine will turn out as good as yours!

Tina Craig said...

I just watched this whole series of videos and love it! I can't wait to try some 1" swirls and diamond patterns. I quilt on a domestic machine, and I think these patterns will translate well. Thanks!