Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Argyle Bag Tutorial, part 3

Are you ready to add more color to our Argyle bag?

Here's how we left it last week:




It's time to fill in the rest of the diamonds, half-diamonds, and quarter-diamonds.

Details:

Top Thread: Konfetti from WonderFil (50 weight cotton)
Bobbin Thread: InvisiFil from WonderFil
Needle size: 16
Stitches per inch: 20, since I'm going to make tiny curves

I put on my micro-handles to make the tiny stitching easier:



I also put on my Ruler Base. I like to drag my fingers while I quilt. I feel like I have more control that way.



I chose white thread for top and bobbin, tested my tension, and then quilted little pebbles to fill in the unquilted areas:



Pebbling is a slow process, and it uses a lot of thread. I sit down at my machine when I pebble, and I set an alarm so I will stop every ten minutes to stretch and rest my eyes.

This is really starting to look like something!



Check back next Wednesday for the next step.

No comments: