Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Making More Scraps

I just finished a little quilt that I can't show you yet (sorry!). What I can show is the what I did with the leftovers.

Since it was a little quilt, there were no large pieces left, but I was able to cut some:

5-inch squares
2 1/2-inch strips
1 1/2-inch strips
2-inch squares




These will get thrown in buckets with other fabrics of the same size. As each bucket gets full, I'll make a scrap quilt from it.

After I cut my leftovers into useable sizes, what did I do with the leftovers from the leftovers?

I threw them into my Kim basket:



She does the most darling things with my leftover leftovers. The book and envelope aren't left over; she wanted to borrow the book and I need her to help me with the project in the envelope. This will all go to her the next time I see her, hopefully before Christmas!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Way before Christmas I hope too!

Happy sewing