Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Showtime!

It's been 40 days -- 40 whole days that I've been home. I travel a lot for my job, but I've had 40 consecutive nights of sleeping in my own home. Since all things must end, in 6 more days it will be time to hit the road again. To tell the truth, I'm really looking forward to it.

In case you've ever wondered what goes into teaching at a quilt show, I thought I'd show you a glimpse of how I spend my days:


  • 300 yards of batting
  • 120 yards of fabric
  • 150,000 yards of thread (85 1/4 miles)
And that's just what I picked up today!!!

I think I can convince a family member to carry this all into the house for me, but then it's up to me to make kits for my upcoming quilt shows. This should be enough to get me through the AQS show in Lancaster, PA and some of MQX in Providence, RI. I'll restock again in April -- my car is only so big!

I have so, so much more to do though. I'm making my lists and checking them twice, hoping to give my students the very best -- they deserve it!

If you are attending any quilty events in the Northeast United States in the near future, you will find me at:

I'd love to meet you!

I'll stop in and update my blog when time and internet access allow. In case I can't find any WiFi, I've left a few surprises for you on my blog that will show up just so you don't forget me while I'm gone.

2 comments:

Darx said...

Happy trails, babe! Can't wait until you get to OH again :)

Diane said...

wow that's a lot of prep...hope all your hotel beds are comfy.