Monday, January 04, 2010

First Finish! -- Sharon's skirt

I have a very patient family. I rarely finish gifts on time and they are gracious to accept IOUs. I usually offer, "Your gift isn't done and you have three choices. You can:

1. Finish it yourself
2. Accept a gift card to the store of your choice or
3. Wait it out".

They always choose to wait it out.

My sister has been patient since her birthday in May! We met to celebrate a late Christmas this past weekend and I was finally able to give her a finished birthday present:



It's the Bohemian Skirt from Favorite Things. It's very fun to make. Pick out 4 one-yard cuts of your favorite fabrics and away you go. Warning: it uses tons of thread. As a quilter I have a ten-lifetimes supply of thread on large cones, but if you buy small spools I'd worry that one wouldn't be enough.

You may notice that this years finishes are tabbed "Friday finishes". Yes, I'm late already. I have a good excuse, though. I caught some crud that cut into my sewing/blogging time.

I'm toying with tracking how much yardage I use this year. I probably won't keep up with it all year, but for now.......

-4 yards!

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for the smile today...love the options you give your gift recipients :)