Thursday, May 28, 2009

Festival!

I've lived in New York for over 20 years and have never really taken advantage of all that the area has to offer. Since our nest is soon to be empty, hubby and I plan to see the sights, locally and elsewhere.

On Sunday we went to a local winery for a Strawberry, Chocolate, and Wine festival. Now I ask you, what better sort of festival could there be?

I don't drink much, so looking at a list of 16 different wines that I was going to taste was quite overwhelming. The fellow who poured the wine kept thinking I didn't like it when I took a sip and dumped the rest, but sixteen sips of wine = more than I usually drink in 2 months!

The strawberries and chocolate were wonderful, and a few bottles of wine followed us home.


OK, maybe not that many.
Baldwin Vineyards. Check them out.






No comments: