Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quilt Tour

Digging deep yet again, I found my daughter's "I Spy" quilt:



A group of quilters, including my favorite lawyer, met together once a month for over a year and swapped focus fabrics. I think there are over 300 different fabrics in this quilt.

One quilter even found fabric that has a spy on it:



After all the collecting, I was so excited to finish piecing it. I laid the top over my bed and proudly showed my daughter when she came home from school. I announced, "Look at what I made for you!" Her reply? "I don't like it."

I'll admit to being somewhat miffed, but she was such a cute first-grader, I had to forgive her. I set about quilting and binding it, since it was now for ME.

Once finished, I again laid the quilt over my bed. My daughter saw it some time that afternoon and it disappeared into her room. It's been hers ever since.

I guess she liked it after all.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

I love I Spy quilts... (Luckily I did not but any novelties yesterday. But I did look & cam close to 2 different cat panels.)