Friday, July 06, 2007

At long last.....

Quilt Pics!

My husband and I have had a bit of a vacation for the last few weeks, and it was nice. My children are both nearly grown, but it's still a treat when they both are away at the same time.

Since I don't have cable tv and sew for a living, quilting for fun while watching CSI dvds is the height of luxury for me. I wanted to spend at least one day during my mini-break indulging myself.

Here's a(nother) tablerunner for my mom. Made from leftover blocks from a chocolate quilt for a friend.



This is an old Thimbleberries Club quilt. The quilt has been done for ages, but I finally finished sewing the sleeve. It's on my wall temporarily to help me feel cooler. And to remind me to put the sleeve on the summer and falls quilts, too.


And this is a quilt I made just for me just for the 4th of July. Pieced, quilted, bound and on the bed in 13 days. Projects like this remind me that I quilt because I ENJOY IT!
*Afterthought --- After I posted, I realized that all three of these quilts were from Thimbleberries patterns. I'm not a lover of all things Thimbleberries, but they write some amazing patterns.

2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Great quilts, and thanks for the reminder about sewing on a sleeve. I have a large quilt that needs one.

Anonymous said...

Those are really gorgeous. :)