Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Completed Quilts

I've posted photos of new fabric, but none of completed quilts. These quilts represent what I've finished in 2006 so far. Hopefully many, many more completed quilt photos will be added to this blog in the near future. I have many, many UFOs to clear out.


I finished these last night. I needed a runner for my dining room table. I made the other runner for my friend for her birthday/Valentine's Day. The block pattern is from Nickel Quilts and I just added some sashing and borders. They were entirely from stash. Yay!

This is a fun quilt. I made enough blocks from my 'brights' stash to make three quilts. I also found an entire bolt of sky blue in my stash that was a great background. Yards and yards of fabric used! I purchased the three backs from the sale rack at my local quilt shop. (LOVE sale racks! -- maybe that's why my stash is so huge?) I gave the first quilt to my son's girlfriend for Christmas and she loved it. This is the second done and it will eventually go to someone. Maybe a graduation quilt? The third quilt in the series is still in the UFO pile. The pattern is from McCall's Quilting Magazine April 2004, I think.
This is the first Moda University quilt. I signed up for the club at my local quilt shop. Isn't it fun hanging out with other quilters? Every month we make a block and get a quilt pattern. I normall don't do kits, but I've purchased all of them so far. This is the first one finished. I think it's called Hexagon Magic and it was incredibly fun to make. The hexagons are not actually hexagons. They are rows of trapezoids (?) sewn together. No yucky inset seams or anything. I was going to give this quilt away, but I've fallen in love with it and will keep it as a coverlet for my bed.

I'm not sure if the trend is noticeable or anything, but I don't make difficult quilts. I work as a quilter, so I tend to make simple quilts for myself. I'd like to finish them in this lifetime. The more difficult quilts I've started are buried deep in the UFO pile.

This blog has been a great motivation for me. I have to finish binding another quilt so I can post another picture!

No comments: